Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"My name is Penelope. I like to dance."

Yo Gabba Gabba is on!! I swear no matter where we're at in the house Sophia knows the theme song to this show and automatically starts to smile, laugh and squirm. She will stop and drop everything to watch this show- and she's only 6 months.
You can totally tell she's our kid because she's all about monsters.

There's not really news around here. I'm still trying to find a decent job (HA!) but still enjoying and feeling extremely fortunate to have time home with Sophia while she's this young. If finances weren't so tight I don't think I would mind being a stay at home mom. I have the tools and the skills to get her to learn what she needs up to Kindergarten, thanks to almost 5 years of teaching preschool at the daycare. As bittersweet as those 5 years were.

Everyone has doctor visits coming up.

Sophia has one next Tuesday, just her 6 month check up with shots. I'm very torn. At her 4 month check up they gave her the combine vaccine so she only had 2 shots but all 4 immunizations. I've done some research on the combination vaccines and there are a couple things in those shots that is supposedly linked to Autism and other things. I know the cause of Autism isn't known but I don't know that I want to subject her to something that COULD cause something like that... and we don't know the long term effects of these chemicals. I don't want her to have 4 shots given if she doesn't have to (trust me that's not an easy thing to watch and I'm sure it will NEVER get any easier) but at the same time, I'd rather her have 4 pokes than a life time with Autism.

Travis has an appointment in February with a Cardiologist. He has a Ventricular Septal Defect so every 4 to 6 years he needs to have the hole and the pressures in his heart checked to make sure everything is staying the same and not getting worse. Hopefully things are fine- I don't know why they wouldn't be but like everything--- better safe than sorry. I think it's been like 6 years anyway so he's due.

I have an appointment in March. At my 6 week checkup after having Sophia I had an abnormal Pap. My first one EVER so I was so scared. They called me on my birthday to tell me I had to go in right away for more tests but they wouldn't tell me why. NICE! So I went in that following Monday and they way the doc explained it to me is there are 5 stages before Cervical Cancer and I was at stage 4. Each stage has a seperate sub stage, if you will. 1 is not so bad. 2 is pretty bad. 3 is stepping on the toes of the next stage up. I had a Colposcopy done and they determined my Stage was stage 4 sub stage 2. So- I have to go back in March to have another test done to see if things are getting worse, staying the same, or getting better. My doctor told me my body can fight these cells off but it could take 5 years. In the mean time I have to be monitored every 6 months because if these cells get worse- we could have cancer on our hands. Now much like the rest of the world I was like... NAH slim to none chances of that happening. The doc told me it only took me 10 months to get to this stage so things are turning bad fast. GREAT!! THANKS DOC!! I'm just hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. I don't ever want to hear I can't have more kids. That would crush me big time.

That's all I have time for now. Yo Gabba Gabba is over and Sophia wants a bottle. :)
I'm sure to be back sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment