Sunday, January 18, 2009

When life gets you down

Your family is there to catch you.

I spend so much time at home Cabin Fever is as common around here as dusting, dishes and diapers. I've learned though, whenever time stands still... to look at Sophia and more often than not she'll give me an ear to ear, gummy smile that can make the world stop.

I've noticed with so much time to "myself" (in quotes because we all know with a 6 month old you get zero 'me' time) that my mind is given many places to wander. It can range anywhere from: Travis is going to leave me for someone better to if I could buy new shoes, what color laces would I want? I can even manage to convince myself that things are going to happen 9 out of 10 times they are bad things too. Then I stop and think. Wow. This is not healthy!! I have a beautiful baby girl that needs me happy and healthy to care for her, my other half depends on me for help, support and happiness and I NEED both of them in my life to merely survive. I don't know if it was the pregnancy that changed me but ever since I've had Sophia I worry about things I never even gave a thought to before and stress out over every little thing that could go wrong.

I think when Spring arrives, things will be much better. I can't wait to get outside with no snow, to let Sophia crawl in the grass for the first time. To play fetch with Porkchop in the yard instead of through the house, maybe even let the cat out! Winter has a negative attitude with it's cold, bitter self and I'm seeing more and more how it pours into our everyday lives.

BOO WINTER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment