Wednesday, March 11, 2009

8 months and growing

Officially, 4 months from today (1:41pm) our little peanut will be 1 year old. Where has that time gone? Amazing. It seems like we brought her home a week ago.

I guess it's time to realize the things I want to do within the next year or so not only to benefit my life but the lives of Travis and Sophia too.
*I need a job. I've been busting my butt to put in applications everywhere- I'm just unqualified for the jobs, I fear it's going to be back to daycare. Great.
*I want to move. I know realistically it's not possible right now, which is why I'm doing what I can in this house, but as Sophia gets bigger so do toys, clothes, and all other accessories and we're just out growing this place super fast.
*I want to be married. Realistically- probably not necessarily in the next year because who knows when we would be able to afford a wedding and all that goes along with it but I want to be a family. Officially. I love Travis with all I have and even if we don't get married for the next 12 years, I don't plan on going anywhere but I crave that sense of unity. Couldn't tell you why. I just do.
*I want to be healthier. I'm still trying to loose the last bit of baby weight. I don't want to get to my pre-pregnancy weight I don't think I looked (or was) healthy by any means. We're going to have a mobile child soon and I need to be around to chase and care for her and her daddy as long as humanly possible.
*I want to rescue another pit. Porkchop is the best dog I've ever encountered and I feel like she needs some company. She has definitely lost a chunk of attention with Sophia being here and I think a boyfriend may be just what she needs. Someone that can keep up with her, snuggle with her (OFF our bed), and have enough energy at the end of the day for a rough game of tug-o-war before bed.
*Lastly, I want to find a way to prove to Travis how much I love him. I don't know how or what but I will find a way to prove to him that he IS my other half come what may and whether he likes it or not.

Ha! Who knew what 8 months would bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment