Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sick. Sick. Sick. And I can't seem to shake it.

So about a week ago Trav came down with the really nasty cold that's been going around. I tried really hard to keep healthy and avoid it because I have Sophia to care for and I'm trying desperately to get a job. Yeah. Didn't work. As of Monday I was hit- hard. Today my face is swollen in it's entirety, my head is throbbing and feeling like it's going to explode at any given moment, and my sinuses are so packed my eyes won't quit watering. Today is definitely a day I would just love to give up, crawl back in bed completely drugged up, and sleep till April. This whole being a mom and having the "suck it up and deal with it" attitude is promptly going out the window. Sophia has been staying up until at least 3am every night this week then getting up at 9ish (luckily today she is still asleep) but I have a sneaking suspicion she is getting sick too. GREAT. I haven't been sick quite like this in a couple years and all the staying up late and not being able to medicate to relieve the symptoms is adding up really quick. I can't afford to take any medications because they all make me drowsy and I can't afford to be drowsy or sleepy because I have Sophia to care for. It's a no win situation.

Misery.
Misery.
Misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment